Crystal jewelries are among the jewelries that are increasing in popularity, nowadays. They have always been sold pretty well. They are great gifts which is why during holidays, its sales increase. There are many designs, colors and even cuts that you could choose from. Crystal jewelries are not just something you can buy in certain stores, you can even make them at home.
Marketing Your Crystal Jewelry
They are individuals who are finding making their own crystal jewelries a great hobby. Making your own jewelry is a great way of personalizing you accessories and at the same create something unique that would fit your personality. But others would find making their crystal jewelry not just an entertaining hobby but as a business, as well.
If you are planning to start a business from your hobby, then there are some things that you would need to consider.
• Who is your target market? Any business would have a target audience. You would have to identify who you are attracting to buy your crystal jewelries. For example, do you intend to sell it online or to local jewelry stores? If you identified the target buyer, then you would have to strategize.
• Online sales for your crystal jewelry would require a site where potential customers can view your products. Choose a website and make that site unique. Do not be hasty. Plan and design your website, you can get help from a web developer if you want. Make sure that it is fresh and different from other similar sites.
• Aside from the usual designs that you are making, there are some who would make adjustable crystal jewelries. What is this? Like necklaces with adjustable length, earring with changeable earrings, watches that have bands that could be changed. These kind of jewelries would actually allow the customer to adjust them based on the occasion. You could also take custom-made orders.
• Once you have determined the target buyers and customers, you would then have to finalize or determine the price. To determine the price, identify how much you have spent on the materials you have used and also, the time you have spent making the jewelry. There are some jewelry makers who forget to include their labor time in the competition and gives the jewelries for a lower price.
• There are conventions and craft shows that you can attend to showcase your handmade crystal jewelry. Just make sure that you would be bringing your business card that has your contact information with you. If you are going outside your local area, then definitely you would have to inform or provide information about your website or distributor.
• You have to practice control over your inventory. Keep track of the pieces that you have and those that were sold. Also keep track of your supplies. You do not want to run out of supplies in the middle of your project.
• Take care of your customer base. If you have a customer who made a substantial purchase, then try to get their contact information like their email if possible. This would allow you to have contact with them and inform the with any new jewelry. But do not be too personal nor too overbearing, just be warm and professional. This would help you earn repeat customers.
Crystal jewelries can be a promising business, as long as you know how to handle it and plan ahead. The most important thing is that you enjoy what you are doing.